Right of withdrawal
Revocation right for consumers
(A ‘consumer’ is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction which, to an overwhelming extent, cannot be attributed to either his commercial or independent professional activities.)
Right of withdrawal
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The withdrawal period is 14 days from the day
- on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, has or has taken possession of the goods, provided that you have ordered one or more goods under a single order and these are or will be delivered uniformly;
- on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, has or has taken possession of the last goods, provided that you have ordered several goods in a single order and these are delivered separately;
In order to exercise your right of withdrawal, you must send us (Van Nostrand GmbH, Wartenburgstr. 4, 10963 Berlin, telephone number: 01704099730, e-mail address: email@example.com) by means of a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or an e-mail) of your decision to withdraw from this contract. You can use the attached sample revocation form for this, but this is not mandatory.
In order to comply with the withdrawal period, it is sufficient that you send the notification of the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the expiry of the withdrawal period.
Consequences of withdrawal
If you withdraw from this contract, we will have given you all the payments that we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of the additional costs that result from choosing a different type of delivery than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us have), to be repaid immediately and at the latest within 14 days from the date on which we received notification of your cancellation of this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless something else was expressly agreed with you; In no case will you be charged any fees for this repayment.
We may refuse to refund until we have received the goods or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever is earlier.
You have the goods to us immediately and in any case no later than 14 days from the day on which you inform us of the cancellation of this contract to be returned or handed over. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
You bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Exclusion and Contract Expiry
The right does not apply to contracts
- for the supply of goods which are not prefabricated and for the manufacture of which an individual selection or provision by the consumer is authoritative or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer;
- for the delivery of goods that can spoil quickly or whose expiration date would be quickly exceeded;
- for the supply of alcoholic beverages, the price of which was agreed upon conclusion of the contract, but which can be delivered 30 days after the conclusion of the contract at the earliest and whose actual value depends on fluctuations in the market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;
- for the delivery of newspapers, periodicals or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts.
The right of withdrawal expires prematurely in the case of contracts
- for the delivery of sealed goods which, for reasons of health or hygiene, are not suitable for return if their seal has been removed after delivery;
- for the delivery of goods, if, due to their nature, they were inseparably mixed with other goods after delivery;
- For the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software in a sealed package, if the seal was removed after delivery.
Refund Request Form Template
(If you wish to withdraw from the contract, please fill out and return this form)
- To Van Nostrand GmbH, Wartenburgstr. 4, 10963 Berlin, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- I / we (*) hereby revoke the contract concluded by me / us (*) for the purchase of the following goods (*) /
the provision of the following service (*)
- Ordered on (*) / received on (*)
- Name / consumer (s)
- Address of the / consumer (s)
- Signature of / consumer (s) (only for message on paper)
(*) Delete where not applicable.